Thursday 24 April 2014

U as in ...

Universal

I have come to realize that there are more universal values which unite us here below than there aren't.

I didn't know a lot about the universality of rights and wrongs until a couple of years ago.

I thought only africans hated their fellow country men, I thought only African men beat their wives, I thought only African Heads of States were dictators. Wow, I was wrong - there are several universal wrongs than we may have wished.

So, when I left my marriage because I had been sufficiently abused just as much as I had abused my own self and others, and when I arrived in Belgium and heard, read and got to know women like myself, I came to the conclusion that Universality was for real.

But, there are equally universal rights I have read of and I just wish those could bond us more as human beings than our differences. It shouldn't matter where we come from, what colour, faith and more we have provided we are humans with a common vision of living life to its fullest.

I am so glad I signed up for this #AtoZ Challenge and my first theme is on random thoughts so I can flirt with some universal issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment