Saturday 26 April 2014

W as in ...

Woman

Yes W as in woman for which human being would exist on this planet if not born of a woman?

I am a woman and proud to be; I know it isn't easy for us and so I write this post as a throw back challenge to us all. I wish we don't round up this noble #AtoZ Challenge without taking away some real food for thoughts.

Come to think of if, is a woman a pride or a plight? We all know all the terrible things done to women in this world so I wouldn't add anymore.

Yet let's appreciate this beautiful poem even if only for the pretty poetry it is: An excerpt from the most distinguished Maya Angelou's Phenomenal Woman

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size 
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
I say,
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips, 
The stride of my step, 
The curl of my lips. 
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman, 
That’s me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment