Monday 28 April 2014

X as in

xenophobia


Yes, as the noble #AtoZ Challenge draws to an end well like officially for 2014, I have chosen a 'big' word to post about. I mean it is what we call in french 'la dernier ligne droit' right? (The last lane sort of)

I looked up the word and this is what I found on the oxford dictionary

Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries:"racism and xenophobia are steadily growing in Europe"


Wow, so am I in for trouble by relocating to Europe?
Am I safer just staying home and trying to work only online so people hardly get to see me on the streets and notice my colour or find out my country of origin?
When I first got a job, I would greet my colleagues cheerfully each day like we do back home but hell no wait a minute - is this back home? So I am adjusting!
I am challenging myself and dare I add us all, to not let any such creepy 'thoughts' steal precious space in our 'up there'!

No comments:

Post a Comment